Global Markets and Consequences.See all Gold Crate options >
Impacts of Global Events
Potential economic impact leads to investors eyeing Gold. January saw lower overall gains in the oil sector, but one commodity always shines in economic uncertainty. Gold.
If you keep up with trends or have looked at historical charts and data, you’ll notice that when global events that have even the smallest chance to cause economic uncertainties to occur, the demand for Gold rises. With the demand for output increasing the price also increases. Demand usually increases first with your more paranoid investors jumping the gun on breaking news headlines, cashing in some high-risk stocks and moving those funds over to Gold. As the news spreads, more and more investors follow suit. If the news headlines do not turn out to be alarmist, click-baiting, media overreactions, which they usually are; this causes huge gains in Precious Metal markets. These gains can be for the commodity themselves, as wells as mining contracts and futures.
This is why more and more investors begin monthly subscriptions with us here at Investor Crate. We are a proven method for dollar-cost averaging your investment over-time, so there is no need to quickly cash in alternative investments, stocks, and bonds, risking those funds by moving over to Gold. This helps hedge against falling victim to media overreactions buying you more time to wait the headlines out.
While global events like the Coronavirus outbreak might seem like good news for the Gold and Silver bugs who have been stockpiling the commodity. This often means a recession and sometimes actual human suffering, isolated or globally.
The Latest Update
- 12 confirmed cases of the virus in the U.S.
- 2 cruise ships with over 20 confirmed cases on-board are now on lock down.
- All personnel flying in from the Wuhan Province in China are under mandatory lock down at March Air Force Base. 4 of which are now showing signs of the illness.
- The virus has now been confirmed to have spread to 26 different countries.
It has been reported that cases have risen to over 28,000 infected by the virus in China. Out of those infected, just over 900 have survived the full term of the illness and over 560 people have died due to the virus. Though there is much controversy surrounding the accuracy of these reports from the Chinese State ran television. Skeptics cite multiple instances in the past where coverups and lies have been purposely spread by Chinese State ran media sources. There is also much mystery surrounding disappearances and arrests of people leaking footage of body lined hospital hallways and body bag filled buses and trucks in China.
Chinese officials have vehemently argued against these allegations, stating that life in China is completely normal, despite footage of huge cities that appear to be empty. It’s also important to note that the original whistleblower doctor who tried to warn the international community and Chinese officials about this new ‘pneumonia-like’ flu, has died of the Corona Virus.
Physical Precious Metals. Gold, Silver and Platinum Bullion at an IC facility circa 2019.
'2.5 Billion infected and 50+ million dead in 45 days!'
AI is also being used to try and project the spread, death toll and rate of infected we might expect, though doctors and researchers have called the artificial intelligence programs unreliable. Although robust, these programs can not account for the wide range of variables that can occur during a pandemic. Another important note is the internet itself is turning into one huge advertisement, (buy Investor Crate stuff) so a company that claims to have an AI computer that can predict stuff like stock and crypto prices might use big headlines like ‘2.5 billion infected and 50+ million dead in 45 days’ as a way to get you to click on an article they paid to have written. These articles then have links to their products all over the website your on. In fact, many times, "news articles" you read online are paid advertisements. It's just not advertised as an advertisement. Anyone familiar with SEO is nodding there head in agreeance right now. People just realizing this now might be wondering if this is an ad. (Buy Investor Crate stuff.)
But, there is always a thin line between overreacting and being under prepared. Just as you do with investments, make sure to take care and conduct your due diligence when consuming news, media, advice, or otherwise before making any decisions. Don’t be the last to react and don’t be the first to overreact.
The Downside of a Global Economy.
As the world moves quickly to a global community there is much to learn and adjust for. With communities being more and more connected, the variables and potential causes for economic turmoil increase. In fact, in the last 60 days, headlines have affected markets around the world. Here are a few examples you might remember.
- 'U.S. China Trade War at a Stale Mate.'
- 'U.S. airstrike kills Iran Top Military General.'
- 'President Trump Impeached by the House.'
- 'Coronavirus Outbreak - Global Pandemic?'
Though, it can be argued that most markets are doing fine. Germany, which has the largest economy in Europe, has lifted itself out of a potential recession. The U.S. economy has gone vertical and has broken every record under the Trump administration. The Chinese market has been and remains shaken due to this possible pandemic but still shows resilience.
Precious Metals - Gold and Silver Bullion
Not only does Silver have anti-bacterial properties (it really does, so stock up!) the Coronavirus and sudden, seemingly out of the blue events as noted above, really shows the importance of having physical ownership of your metal. Keeping a steady flow of metal every month now, can quickly, over-time amass a great deal of wealth that can not only hedge against inflation but safeguard from events unfolding quicker than you can prepare for. This financial preparedness holds and can prove to be as important as your surplus of food, water, and other emergency essentials.
If you liked this blog and enjoy our subscription crate services and Precious Metal products, please considered hitting the Facebook ‘like’ button and sharing this article with your friends and family. Thank you!
This blog is not intended as informational and is not to be considered investment advice. This is the authors' sole opinion. Any purchases or financial decisions should always be made after consulting with your certified financial advisor. This blog is for entertainment purposes only.
The Dollar-Cost Average Product List
Only at Investor Crate!
- The Gold Crate
- The Silver Crate
- The 20/80 Combination Crate (Gold & Silver)
- The 50/50 Combination Crate (Gold & Silver)
- The Big Bar Crate
- The U.S. Standard Crate
- The Generic Silver Crate
- Other Crates..
See all Crate Products >
Try it before you buy it?
Select the best price tier for your portfolio budget above!
The monthly Gold Crate is among the most popular option among commodity investors, gold bugs and stackers alike. When it comes to Precious Metals Investing, it simply does not get easier than this. The Gold Crate contains physical fine Gold Bullion hand-curated by Investor Crate staff and sent out to you every month.
Some common Sovereign Government coin products the Gold Crate contains are as follows;
- American Gold Eagles (AGE) are one of the most well-known by investors and come in sizes of 1/10 oz, ¼ oz, ½ oz, and 1 troy ounce.
- Gold Canadian Maple Leaf Coin with stunning attention to detail and amazing purity standards, come in a wide variety of sizes ranging from 1 gram, 1/25 oz, 1/20 oz, 1/10 oz, ¼ oz, ½ oz, and 1 troy ounce.
- South African Krugerrand Gold Coins by weight are probably the most produced Gold coin on the planet with a staggering 22 million ounces of the coin being imported to the United States alone. They also come in sizes of 1/10 oz, ¼ oz, ½ oz, and 1 troy ounce.
Some common Gold Bar products showcased in our Gold Crates are;
- Pamp Suisse Gold Bars such as their famous Lady Fortuna design are affordable, low premium options that come in a size that would suit any one budget. From 1 gram, 2.5 gram, 5 gram, 8x1 gram, 10 gram, 1 tola, ½ oz, 20g, 25x1 g, 1 troy oz, 50 gram (Cast and Pressed), 100 gram, 5 oz, 10 oz, and one kilogram!
- Valcambi Suisse Gold Bars are another example of the awesome, almost obsessive attention to detail and refining excellence derived from products from Switzerland. From watches to Gold Bars, a Suisse piece will not disappoint. Available in sizes similar to that of PAMP SA.
- Credit Suisse Gold Bars which are backed by the Bank of Switzerland and is an international banking conglomerate. Precious Metal Investing has been synonymous with their Gold Bars since the late 1970s.
We also stock a wide variety of rounds which are less common but still present in some lower-tiered crates;
- Monarch Precious Metals Gold Rounds which offer an affordable fractional (under an ounce) option and are widely known for their unique Art Bar work in the Silver collector realm.
- Golden State Mint (GSM) Incuse Indian Gold Rounds come in 1/10 and 1 troy ounce sizes of .9999 fine Gold and mimic the iconic design from the old U.S. coinage.
- Scottsdale Mint Tombstone Rounds and Bars come in a unique hammered look giving a true 'prospector raw chunk of Gold feel' while maintaining that high purity standard we all look for in our bullion.
In all Investor Crate packages, it is very common to find small Fractional (under one troy ounce) pieces of fine Silver. We use these small Silver pieces to ensure any remaining dollar amount is delivered each month as we never hold over a remaining value. The reason for this is Gold Bullion that comes in ‘Grain Size’ has extremely high premiums and because of this, we do not carry it.
Have a question? Check out our "Frequently Asked Questions” page as we have recently compiled every inquiry we have ever received into an easy to use Help Center.
How It Works
Shipping & Billing