ETF's Vs. StocksSee all Gold Crate options >
About the Commodity: Gold, Silver and Platinum.
Precious Metals is one of the most popular commodities used for investing. It’s unique in that commodities such as Oil, Corn, and Coffee are not exactly something you can physically stockpile at home or put in your individual retirement fund. These commodities are very old and have a pretty amazing track record. The most common types of metal used as a vehicle of investment are;
Gold – Gold as a metal is unique in that the ancients used it to produce coinage and ornaments to display wealth. This is actually something that humans haven’t stopped doing since. Modern-day usage has increased and spread to a new industry (due to its unique characteristics) only increasing demand for the reddish-yellow metal.
Silver – Similar to Gold in that its usage has gone way up and it to has been used as a form of wealth. In fact, Silver translates to 'wealth' or 'money' in as many as 30 different languages.
Platinum – Platinum (as well as Palladium and Rhodium) is why, when you go to replace your catalytic converter in your car, the costs are astronomical. These metals are very unique in that they are an oxidizer. This means when carbon monoxide is released in the form of exhaust from your vehicle, the metal adds an oxygen molecule to the CO, creating CO2. The difference between a deadly gas and much more safe gas.
Palladium and Copper – Unfortunately, we no longer carry Palladium or Copper Bullion but are working on a few different avenues and suppliers to be able to bring those crates back to our service!
Driving Demands: New Tech.
'Physical or Digital?'
The over-time demand for Precious Metals does not seem to be decreasing any time soon. Besides the already popular demand for things like the medical field and for uses with Jewelry, the aerospace and technology sectors are using them in record quantities. For example, there is approximately .001 troy ounce of Gold and .35 grams of Silver in every smartphone.
These are not necessarily in order from the best investment strategy to worst. In fact, the top investment option in the list is only number 1 because its what we do! We would like to make it clear, that this blog is by no means made to be advice or to persuade you to start investing in Precious Metals or anything for that matter. As a company, we decided long ago that we would never try to sell you on speculative market data or predatory persuasion tactics, we simply wanted to provide a fun, affordable way to build your stack of Gold, Silver and Platinum should you want to. We recommend ALL of our customers or prospective clients to seek financial advisement from a certified adviser before utilizing any portion of our service.
"Bitcoin is cool but what about Gold and Silver backed crypto?" - Makayla
THE 7 MOST POPULAR PRECIOUS METAL INVESTMENTS
- Dollar-Cost Average (physical) – You don’t own it unless you hold it! The idea behind dollar-cost averaging your investment is either, invest the money as you earn it from your job and/or purchase all year long. This is helpful in that its decreasing downside risk and buying at the annual market price average. This means buying all year long, through the peaks and valleys, essentially drawing a straight line through the annual chart. This is a particularly useful tactic when dealing with commodities because market prices are not usually volatile like you might see in the Crypto Currency markets.
- Precious Metals IRA – Certain individual retirement accounts allow for a custodian depository to purchase and store precious metals at a secure facility. We have all seen the companies who sell these advertising on TV. These are useful for huge accounts where it wouldn’t be practical for you to have pallets of Gold and Silver bars laying around your garage. These facilities are heavily guarded, very secure, insured though they do have additional (usually monthly) storage fees.
- Precious Metal backed Crypto Currency – This is something that is still very new. Some will say it defeats the purpose and point of physical Precious Metal ownership, others say this could bring back a more secure currency like we had in the U.S. prior to 1933. Either way, certain companies and mints such as the Perth Mint and Dillon Gage Inc, are introducing these block chains and we are excited to keep our eye on them.
- Exchange-traded funds (ETF) – ETFs are one of the fastest-growing vehicles of investment globally. This is likely due to its ease of trading as well as new wave investment apps there are to choose from. ETFs differ from stocks in that it's like a basket of funds that are available to be utilized. The value of a particular ETF is measured in the value of all the assets and investments within that ETF. Certain ETFs at certain political and economic times will sometimes have hard asset commodity investments such as Gold, Silver or Platinum Bullion.
- Stocks, Mining Companies and Futures – A popular way to invest in the future of Gold and Silver is picking certain mining companies that are publicly traded to buy into. Now, you are not exactly investing in Gold, Silver or other metals directly, but a mining company who already has active mining futures and contracts, even theoretical claims can become quite profitable if the precious metal prices see an uptick.
- Gold and Silver Mutual Funds – Mutual funds that are backed by Gold and Silver holdings of companies gain in popularity during uncertain economic times like war or depressions. Mutual Funds are good in that they are professionally managed which mitigates broader factor risks within industries.
- Physical one-time lump sum (Hedging) – Don’t put all your eggs in one basket. Hedging isn’t necessarily to make money, instead, it is to protect your money. Generally speaking (according to past and well-documented historic data) Gold and Silver stay steady during worsening economic times and hardships. Investors, even the big-name firms and individuals will purchase Precious Metals right before a collapse.
Thanks for reading folks! If you found this article interesting or helpful in the slightest, consider sharing this with your friends on Facebook! As always, if you find any sort of error or outdated information, please shoot us an e-mail so we can correct the blog.
The Dollar-Cost Average Product List
Only at Investor Crate!
- The Gold Crate
- The Silver Crate
- The 20/80 Combination Crate (Gold & Silver)
- The 50/50 Combination Crate (Gold & Silver)
- The Big Bar Crate
- The U.S. Standard Crate
- The Generic Silver Crate
- Other Crates..
See all Crate Products >
Try it before you buy it?
Select the best price tier for your portfolio budget above!
The monthly Gold Crate is among the most popular option among commodity investors, gold bugs and stackers alike. When it comes to Precious Metals Investing, it simply does not get easier than this. The Gold Crate contains physical fine Gold Bullion hand-curated by Investor Crate staff and sent out to you every month.
Some common Sovereign Government coin products the Gold Crate contains are as follows;
- American Gold Eagles (AGE) are one of the most well-known by investors and come in sizes of 1/10 oz, ¼ oz, ½ oz, and 1 troy ounce.
- Gold Canadian Maple Leaf Coin with stunning attention to detail and amazing purity standards, come in a wide variety of sizes ranging from 1 gram, 1/25 oz, 1/20 oz, 1/10 oz, ¼ oz, ½ oz, and 1 troy ounce.
- South African Krugerrand Gold Coins by weight are probably the most produced Gold coin on the planet with a staggering 22 million ounces of the coin being imported to the United States alone. They also come in sizes of 1/10 oz, ¼ oz, ½ oz, and 1 troy ounce.
Some common Gold Bar products showcased in our Gold Crates are;
- Pamp Suisse Gold Bars such as their famous Lady Fortuna design are affordable, low premium options that come in a size that would suit any one budget. From 1 gram, 2.5 gram, 5 gram, 8x1 gram, 10 gram, 1 tola, ½ oz, 20g, 25x1 g, 1 troy oz, 50 gram (Cast and Pressed), 100 gram, 5 oz, 10 oz, and one kilogram!
- Valcambi Suisse Gold Bars are another example of the awesome, almost obsessive attention to detail and refining excellence derived from products from Switzerland. From watches to Gold Bars, a Suisse piece will not disappoint. Available in sizes similar to that of PAMP SA.
- Credit Suisse Gold Bars which are backed by the Bank of Switzerland and is an international banking conglomerate. Precious Metal Investing has been synonymous with their Gold Bars since the late 1970s.
We also stock a wide variety of rounds which are less common but still present in some lower-tiered crates;
- Monarch Precious Metals Gold Rounds which offer an affordable fractional (under an ounce) option and are widely known for their unique Art Bar work in the Silver collector realm.
- Golden State Mint (GSM) Incuse Indian Gold Rounds come in 1/10 and 1 troy ounce sizes of .9999 fine Gold and mimic the iconic design from the old U.S. coinage.
- Scottsdale Mint Tombstone Rounds and Bars come in a unique hammered look giving a true 'prospector raw chunk of Gold feel' while maintaining that high purity standard we all look for in our bullion.
In all Investor Crate packages, it is very common to find small Fractional (under one troy ounce) pieces of fine Silver. We use these small Silver pieces to ensure any remaining dollar amount is delivered each month as we never hold over a remaining value. The reason for this is Gold Bullion that comes in ‘Grain Size’ has extremely high premiums and because of this, we do not carry it.
Have a question? Check out our "Frequently Asked Questions” page as we have recently compiled every inquiry we have ever received into an easy to use Help Center.
How It Works
Shipping & Billing