The Generic Silver Crate
This product is recurring and ships on the 15th of each month.
If you are looking to pick up some low premium silver rounds and bars each month and stack some serious weight over time, this is probably the crate for you!
This crate contains mostly silver rounds with a rare chance for silver bars. Silver bars are added if there is a shortage of rounds for a particular month or if the "cool factor" for our months silver bars is off the charts and we want everyone to get hands on with a couple.
The reason this crate rarely has silver bars in it, is because we have a silver bar subscription which you can check out here.
How it works
The word silver round is used when a piece of silver is minted but not backed by an official sovereign government. In other words, non-government entities who produce coins and are not authorized to do so by a government, those items are then called rounds. Silver rounds are a very popular form of silver investing because these products come with a much lower overall premium (markup) than the government minted counterparts.
Every month we place a large order of precious metal products from mints and suppliers around the world. A great deal of this order consists of generic bars and rounds produced by private mints from around the world as well as domestic mints right here in the United States. We then divide up these wholesale orders across our subscriber base getting our customers a lower overall premium and keeping a good flow of precious metal products to their door each month.
To give you an idea, a $250 Generic Silver Crate might look like this, 10 x 1 oz Silver Rounds, a 1/2 oz Silver Round and a 1/4 oz Silver Round. This, however, is dependent wholly on market price and of course mint premiums. You can also add extra coins, bars and rounds to your order which is outlined at the bottom of the page.
Each month on the 1st, billing is conducted. Orders are prepared and shipped on the 15th of each month.
Common Silver Rounds
- 1 oz Silver Buffalo Round: Borrowing designs from the past is something that private mints do all the time and the infamous buffalo nickel design of 1913 is easily the most copied design for silver rounds ever. Essentially every private mint imaginable does a yearly run of Silver Buffalos and they are available in a variety of sizes such as 1/10 oz, 1/4 oz, 1/2 oz, 1 oz and more.
- 1 oz Asahi Silver Round: Most mints, refineries, banks and even recyclers produce their own branded rounds and bars, cost efficient and with craftsmanship that can be found from places like Asahi, it's a welcomed addition to any stack.
- 1 oz Sunshine Mint Silver Round: The Sunshine Mint or SMI is another example of a branded silver round, this time from a small silver mint out of Idaho that also produces blanks for the U.S. Mint and Department of Treasurey!
- Vintage 1 oz Silver Rounds: Other branded rounds show up such as the U.S. Assayer Office, Engelhard Prospectors, RMC and A-MARK and Johnson Matthey chunky bricks from famous companies that no longer deal in silver products or are out of business completely.
- 1 oz Morgan Silver Rounds: Another famous design, this one dating back to 1878, the U.S. Morgan design is one of the oldest and most famous designs for a silver coin and is still in use today. Mints are allowed to replicate these designs as long as no monetary denomination is minted onto the round.
- 1 oz Walking Liberty Silver Rounds: Available in 1/10 oz, 1/4 oz, 1/2 oz and 1 oz, the Walking Liberty Silver Rounds are yet another example of a famous U.S. coin (this one still in production today) that private mints borrow the design from.
Common private mints who produce our rounds
- Golden State Mint
- Scottsdale Mint
- Highland Mint
- Monarch Precious Metals
- Silvertowne Mint
- Germania Mint
While most rounds in side of each of these crates weigh 1 troy ounce (31.10 grams) of .999+ percent silver, the use of fractional items (under 1 ounce) are used with great frequency. We use smaller variants of these coins to ensure that the closest dollar value that you paid is fulfilled and no remaining value is ever left over at the end of the month.
Add more rounds, coins or bars to your crate each month
Investor Crate Plus is a premium membership that allows you to add extra bullion to arrive with your crate. These items are listed up at cost on our Fire Sale page and the contents that are listed is our entire overstock inventory from the current months purchase order.
The membership fee is $100 annually (non-recurring) and the membership fee goes to add more inventory to ensure there is a large enough inventory to facilitate all plus members. If you'd like to learn more about the Fire Sale page and to check out those deal, click here.