The Big Bar Crate
This product is recurring and ships on the 15th of each month.
If you stack silver bars and want a few ounces a month, this is the only place on the internet to do so!
This crate contains mostly silver bars although silver rounds do make an appearance, usually in the form of fractional rounds such as 1/2 oz, 1/4 oz or 1/10th oz sizes. This is how we top of each crate to the closest dollar amount for the price tier you selected and mints do not generally produce bars smaller than 1 ounce size, with rare exceptions, so rounds are used.
How it works
Bars, especially larger ones, come with a lower than typical premium because the process to mint, cast or pour a silver bar is much easier than minted coins. In addition to this, mints can move more silver by weight per single transaction, so there is usually a price break. To give you an idea of this, we have traded 100 oz bars in the past for as low as $0.60 cents per ounce over spot, which makes these very economical.
Each month on the 1st, billing is conducted. Orders are prepared and shipped on the 15th of each month.
Common Silver Bars found in the Big Bar Crate
- 1 oz and 10 oz Silver U.S. Flag Bars: Commonly minted bars by Highland Mint and Silvertowne Mint that display full face American Flag design, very popular with our customers.
- 1 oz Assayed Nadir Silver Bars: Most silver bars do not come in assayers or with certificates of authenticity, however Nadir Refaneri in Turkey has recently began producing some stunning serialized bars in secure tamper proof assayer cards for a reasonable premium.
- Aztec Calendar Silver Bars: The Golden State Mint which is a private silver producer here in the U.S. has released an intricate Aztec Calendar design available in 1/10 oz, 1/4 oz, 1/2 oz and 1 oz silver rounds as well as 1 oz, 5 oz and 10 oz silver bars. Meticulously detailed.
- Vintage 1-100 oz Silver Bars: With a lower frequency we sometimes get lots of vintage bars from A-MARK, Johnson Matthey, Engelhard, Republic Metals Corporation and a few others who no longer produce silver bars.
- Kilogram Silver Cast Bars: Tons of mints ranging from Germania Mint, Asahi, Perth, PAMP Suisse, Valcambi SA all vacuum cast silver bars in kilo and 100 oz sizes which are popular in our high price tiered Big Bar Crates.
- Hand Poured Bars: Least common are special hand poured bars. These usually come with a high premium due to the difficult process this entails but from time to time we are able to negotiate a low premium on a batch from companies like Bison Bullion, PG&G Refining, Yeager Poured Silver, MKBarz, Backyard Bullion and a few others.
Common private governments, mints, banks and recyclers who produce our bars
- JBR Recovery
- Perth Mint
- Argor Heraeus
- Australian Bullion Company (ABC)
While the vast majority of a Big Bar Crate is comprised of silver bars, small silver coins and rounds may be present usually in fractional (under 1 troy oz) sizes. These pieces are used to get you to the absolute highest dollar amount you paid and are convenient because they come as small as 1 gram or 1/10 oz depending on what we received for the month.
Add additional bars and other bullion products
The premise and overall business model of Investor Crate is a dollar cost average and group buy solution to lower premiums (markups) on a monthly and annual basis. When we place our huge wholesale orders each month that then get divided up among our subscriber base, we are always left with a large overstock inventory. We then list these items at the end of the fulfillment cycle at cost for you to add them to your crate.
If you buy quite a bit of precious metals each month or want to add select items, you might want to check out our premium Investor Crate Plus membership. All proceeds goes to buying larger orders which facilitate bigger inventories to ensure we have enough for all of our customers.