The Big Bar Crate
This product is recurring and ships on the 15th of each month.
If you are looking to pick up some low premium silver rounds and bars each month and stack some serious weight over time, this is probably the crate for you!
This crate contains mostly silver rounds with a rare chance for silver bars. Silver bars are added if there is a shortage of rounds for a particular month or if the "cool factor" for our months silver bars is off the charts and want everyone to keep a few.
The reason this crate rarely has silver bars in it, is because we have a silver bar only crate which you can check out here.
How it works
The word silver round is used when a piece of silver is minted but not backed by an official sovereign government. In other words, non-government entities who produce coins and are not authorized to do so by a government, those items are then called rounds. Silver rounds are a very popular form of silver investing because these products come with a much lower overall premium (markup) than the government minted counterparts.
Every month we place a large order of precious metal products from mints and suppliers around the world. A great deal of this order consists of generic bars and rounds produced by private mints from around the world as well as domestic mints right here in the United States. We then divide up these wholesale orders across our subscriber base getting our customers a lower overall premium and keeping a good flow of precious metal products to their door each month.
Each month on the 1st, billing is conducted. Orders are prepared and shipped on the 15th of each month.
Common Silver Bars found in the Big Bar Crate
- 1 oz and 10 oz Silver U.S. Flag Bars: Commonly minted bars by Highland Mint and Silvertowne Mint that display full face American Flag design, very popular with our customers.
- 1 oz Assayed Nadir Silver Bars: Most silver bars do not come in assayers or with certificates of authenticity, however Nadir Refaneri in Turkey has recently began producing some stunning serialized bars in secure tamper proof assayer cards for a reasonable premium.
- Aztec Calendar Silver Bars: The Golden State Mint which is a private silver producer here in the U.S. has released an intricate Aztec Calendar design available in 1/10 oz, 1/4 oz, 1/2 oz and 1 oz silver rounds as well as 1 oz, 5 oz and 10 oz silver bars. Meticulously detailed.
- Vintage 1-100 oz Silver Bars: With a lower frequency we sometimes get lots of vintage bars from A-MARK, Johnson Matthey, Engelhard, Republic Metals Corporation and a few others who no longer produce silver bars.
- Kilogram Silver Cast Bars: Tons of mints ranging from Germania Mint, Asahi, Perth, PAMP Suisse, Valcambi SA all vacuum cast silver bars in kilo and 100 oz sizes which are popular in our high price tiered Big Bar Crates.
- Hand Poured Bars: Least common are special hand poured bars. These usually come with a high premium due to the difficult process this entails but from time to time we are able to negotiate a low premium on a batch from companies like Bison Bullion, PG&G Refining, Yeager Poured Silver, MKBarz, Backyard Bullion and a few others.
Common private governments, mints, banks and recyclers who produce our bars
- JBR Recovery
- Perth Mint
- Argor Heraeus
- Australian Bullion Company (ABC)
While the vast majority of a Big Bar Crate is comprised of silver bars, small silver coins and rounds may be present usually in fractional (under 1 troy oz) sizes. These pieces are used to get you to the absolute highest dollar amount you paid and are convenient because they come as small as 1 gram or 1/10 oz depending on what we received for the month.
Add additional bars and other bullion products
The premise and overall business model of Investor Crate is a dollar cost average and group buy solution to lower premiums (markups) on a monthly and annual basis. When we place our huge wholesale orders each month that then get divided up among our subscriber base, we are always left with a large overstock inventory. We then list these items at the end of the fulfillment cycle at cost for you to add them to your crate.
If you buy quite a bit of precious metals each month or want to add select items, you might want to check out our premium Investor Crate Plus membership. All proceeds goes to buying larger orders which facilitate bigger inventories to ensure we have enough for all of our customers.