The U.S. Standard Crate
This product is recurring and ships on the 15th of each month.
The U.S. Standard Crate contains gold and silver bullion produced from the United States Mint. Gold is not always present in the U.S. Standard Crate and will never be present in crates under the $250 tier. You can adjust the price tier in the drop down menu above. Generally speaking, this crate contains American Silver Eagles only, though American Gold Eagles and American Gold Buffalos do occasionally make an appearance.
How it works
Each month we purchase a large amount of precious metals products on the wholesale market and then divide the product up among our subscriber base. Included in this purchase is a large quantity of United States Mint products that gets fulfilled across a variety of products we offer, including the U.S. Standard Crate. This is based on a group buy and dollar cost average which helps bring down markups and the overall premium down across all products.
Each month on the 1st, billing is conducted. Orders are prepared and shipped on the 15th of each month.
The most common item in this crate is the American Silver Eagle.
United States Mint Silver
- American Silver Eagle (Type 1) - Starting in 1986 and ending in 2021, the type 1 ASE was minted millions of time and is easily one of the most recognized bullion coins in the world. It is only available in 1 troy ounce size.
- American Silver Eagle (Type 2) - Starting in 2021 and carrying on to this day, the "type 2" ASE has an other than original portrait of the male American bald eagle on its obverse side and is now the flagship silver piece in the U.S. Mints arsenal.
No 90% or 40% silver coins produced by the United States Mint is available in this crate. If you are interested in junk silver, please see our Constitutional Crate.
United States Mint Gold
- American Gold Eagle (Type 1) - Available in mintage dates of 1986 through to 2021, the AGE is essentially the gold version of the extremely popular American Silver Eagle and is the iconic investment grade bullion coin minted by the U.S. government. Available in 1/10 oz, 1/4 oz, 1/2 oz and 1 troy oz.
- American Gold Eagle (Type 2) - In 2021, the AGE also under went a slight design alteration with the rear of the coins scene of our national bird the American Bald Eagle. Also available in all sizes.
- American Gold Buffalo - First struck in 2006, the American Gold Buffalo is the first .9999 (yes, 4-9's) offering by the U.S. Mint and borrows the iconic 1913 Buffalo Nickle design. Currently available in 1 troy ounce sizes only.
- Other Gold Coins - In rare instances, we may get a few boxes of spouse coins, proof sets or commemorative gold coins by the U.S. Mint but only if the price is fair for the customers as our focus is on delivering weight vs. overpriced special edition and short runs.
Other bullion products from Investor Crate
In virtually every crate and pack offering by Investor Crate a small amount of silver fractionals in the form of silver rounds, coins or bars may be present. We use these smaller bits of silver to 'round off' each SKU to the closest possible dollar amount so we get you with the most bang for your buck. There is no remainder or dollar value left over at the end of the month.
Adding additional bullion to your order
We also have a premium retail outlet that gives customers the ability to add additional bullion products to arrive with their crate. The items listed on this outlet is overstock inventory from the current months wholesale order. We place these items up at cost so their is amazing, low premium deals, updated each month on that side of our site. If you'd like to learn more about this and are interested in adding bars, coins or extra American Silver Eagles to your order, check out this page.