FREQUENTLY BOUGHT TOGETHER
French Gold Sovereigns!
Mintage dates between 1848-1849 & 1871-1898.
This is a random year 20 Francs "Lucky Angel" Gold Coin minted in France in the late 19th century. The 20 Francs gold coins are available in 21 different designs, this particular coin is the "Guardian Angel," or "Lucky Angel," variant. Sometimes referred to as the "Wise Angel," as the figure on exceptionally high grade variants of this coin can be shown writing a date, "24-25 FEB 1848," which is significant in French history. Starting on the 22nd of February of that year an uprising that led to the abdication of King Louis Philippe on the 24th and the creation of the Second French Republic on the 25th of February, 1848.
- Contains .1864 troy ounces of fine gold.
- Circulated condition.
- Front obverse side (heads): Effigy of "Génie ailé," which translates to "Winged Genius," shown writing a date (24-25 FEV 1848) or about to write on the French Constitution. Nearby is a French Rooster and the Fasces, which symbolizes unity, strength and peace. Below this portrait is the designer, Augustin Dupré, signed surname.
- Back reverse side (tails): The outer perimeter of this coin has the national French motto, Liberté, égalité, fraternité.
- Reeds (edges): Smooth with the inscription of "Dieu protège la France," (God Protect France).
- Authentic gold product from the France.
- These listings carry primarily the mintage dates of 1871 to 1898, all of which were minted at the Paris Mint.
Don't forget to pick up some cotton gloves or coin flips. You'll want to practice safe handling and storage procedures for all bullion products you own!
Franc Gold Coins
Gold Sovereigns are rich in history, an excellent store of wealth and high on the cool factor scale. While old coins usually carry a huge premium, these circulated gold coins are actually very economical and at times can be picked up for as low as 5% over spot.
And while we prefer you not handle them or be rough with them, due to their strong gold alloy they are created with, you could quite literally store these in a huge bag together and won't have to worry about them being damaged. Recognized world wide, Gold Sovereigns like these Francs certainly deserve a spot in your stack.