Dos Peso Gold Coins!
Mintage dates between 1919-1948.
This is a random year 2 Peso Mexican Gold Coin produced by the Mexican Mint. Mintage years vary between 1919-1948 with the mintage date of 1945 being the most common because this year has an original strike and restrike mintage volume of 4,730,493 combined. 140,000 of these were minted originally in 1945 and the restrikes were produced between 1951-1972 and an additional mintage run occurred between 2000-2009. As far as we know, there is no way to distinguish a restrike from an original strike. So these for all intents and purposes are advertised as "restrikes!" If you receive a 1945 specimen it is likely a restrike, other dates are likely old production coins. Either way, the specifications and gold content remain the same even in reproduction variants. If you know of information that will help clarify this product description, please reach out!
- Contains .0482 troy ounces of fine gold.
- Circulated condition.
- Front obverse side (heads): The Mexican Coat of Arms that depicts an eagle eating a snake perched upon a prickly pear cactus. Text reads, "ESTADOS UNIDOS MEXICANOS."
- Back reverse side (tails): A wreath of garland encompassing the mintage date as well as the words, "DOS PESOS." Below the wreath is the official mint mark of the Mexico City Mint.
- Reeds (edges): Reeded with unique smooth gaps every third striation.
- Authentic gold product from the Mexican Mint.
- Mintage dates vary from 1919-1920 & 1944-1948 and overdates do exist. The rarest dates include 1947 and 1948's with a combined mintage of 70,000. There are no known specimens of 1948 variants.
Don't forget to practice safe handling and storage procedures. Visit our storage supplies section for the proper tubes and equipment.
2 Peso Gold Coins from Mexico
Gold sovereigns are historical coins from around the world, these particular coins hail from Mexico, authorized by Banco De Mexico, and are available in a multitude of sizes.
Gold sovereigns are generally pretty low in premium, have historical significance and are comprised of .900 fine gold, meaning they are much more durable than modern gold bullion coins. A unique store of value, pick a few up for yourself and a friend today!