FREQUENTLY BOUGHT TOGETHER
2 1/2 Peso Gold Coins!
With a first strike mintage date of 1918, the Banco De Mexico minted these for a 30-year period. Each coin contains approximately 1.87 grams of Gold.
This is a random year 2.50 Peso Mexican Gold Coin produced by the Mexican Mint. Mintage years vary between 1918-1948.
- Contains .0603 troy ounces of fine gold.
- Circulated condition.
- Front obverse side (heads): An effigy of Don Miguel Hidalgo Y Castilla who was a priest that lead over 90,000 Mexican farmers into battle on 17 January, 1811 against a well trained Spanish Army detachment in the Battle of Calderón Bridge. Text reads, "DOS Y MEDIO PESOS," and the date of issuance.
- Back reverse side (tails): Features the Mexican Coat of Arms which features an eagle biting a snake. Text reads, "ESTADOS UNIDOS MEXICANOS."
- Reeds (edges): Reeded with unique smooth gaps every third striation.
- Authentic gold product from the Mexican Mint.
- Mintage dates vary from 1918-1920 & 1944-1948 and overdates do exist. The rarest dates include 1920 with only 20,000 minted and 1947 with 24,000 coins minted.
Don't forget to practice safe handling and storage procedures. Visit our storage supplies section for the proper tubes and equipment.
2.50 Peso Gold Coins from Mexico
Gold sovereigns are a great way to create a unique pile of varying sized gold coins that you don't have to worry about getting scratched or dented. The gold pesos are also available in 2 peso, 20 peso and 50 peso sizes so be sure to pick up a few of each!