About the Platinum Crate
The theory behind Investor Crates monthly Gold, Silver and Platinum Bullion subscription crates is simply keeping a steady flow. As you may know, purchasing a large amount (wholesale) of Physical Precious Metals each month allows you to levy better and lower premium purchases. We do just that and pass our savings directly onto our customers.
Low Premiums and Steady Flow. It's our unofficial motto.
We have discontinued our IRA series Crates, Palladium Crates and Copper Crates temporarily. We expect to have these options available again in a few months with some new and exciting features!
Some of the more popular mints who manufacturer Platinum Coins, Bars and Rounds are;
The United States Mint
The Perth Mint (Australia)
The Royal Canadian Mint
Pamp Suisse (PAMP SA)
Austrian Mint (Vienna)
Great Britain's Royal Mint
Republic of Somalia (Minted in Munich, Germany)
Baird & Co
Each respectable Mint has their own unique processing, refining and manufacturing process. Each product is of .9995 fine Platinum. Sometimes the purity is annotated as 99% or 999,5 on the bullion itself.
Typical Platinum Bullion denominational sizes that we carry include 1 gram, 5 gram, 1/10 oz, 1/4 oz, 10 gram, 1/2 oz, 20 gram, 1 troy ounce, 5 oz and 10 troy ounce sizes.
THE PLATINUM CRATE COIN LINEUP
Platinum Coins (Varies each month)
- The Iconic Platinum American Eagle (PAE) produced by the U.S. Mint. Available in 1/10 oz, 1/4 oz, 1/2 oz and 1 oz denominations are one of the most well-crafted IRA Eligible Platinum pieces on the market today. These also make their rounds in the numismatic and coin collector circles. First produced in 1997, this coin is an on-going production piece for the United States Mint and Department of Treasury and is the official Platinum Bullion Coin of the United States. This coin also boasts quite the monetary value, which is $100 USD.
- The Platinum Maple Leaf minted by the Royal Canadian Mint after the notable success of the Gold Maple Leaf Coin as well as the Silver Maple Leaf Coin. Production started in 1988 in fractional (less than 1 troy ounce) and 1 ounce denominations, however production was halted in 2001. The Royal Canadian Mint has since started production on this coin again but they are currently only available in 1 troy ounce Platinum sizes. These also have a monetary value of $50 CAD.
- Great Britain Platinum Britannia by England's Royal Mint is a sovereign coin backed by the British Government. Modeled off of their flagship Gold and Silver Britannia Coins they come in a few sizes such as, 1/10 oz and 1 troy ounce. Similar to the Canadian Maple Leaf, the obverse displays the effigy and likeness of her Majesty Queen Elizabeth the II, who has been emblazon on more country's currency than any other person in history.
- Australian Platinum Dragon with a mintage of only 2,500 is yet another example of what the Perth Mint is capable of. Considered to be a collectible piece for coin collectors and the numismatic community, this coin is still offered at a very low premium. Similar to the Australian Platinum Koala, the Platinum Dragon is a vehicle for precious metals investing.
- Great Britain Queen's Beast series in Platinum, a newly released design by the Royal Mint that represents the 10 statues present in 1953 during the coronation of her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II. The different designs currently available include the Platinum Queen's Beast 'The Bull,' the Platinum Queen's Beast, 'The Griffin,' the Platinum Queen's Beast, 'The Unicorn,' the Platinum Queen's Beast, 'The Dragon,' as well as the Platinum Queen's Beast, 'The Lion.'
- Australian Platinum Kangaroo, obviously the Perth Mint was going to produce their popular Kangaroo and Wild Life series coins in Platinum! Starting first with the Australian Kookaburra coins back in 1994, they have finally produced the long awaited 2018 Platinum Kangaroo in 1 troy ounce of .9995 Platinum. The Platinum Kangaroo is issued in accordance with and as legal tender under the Australian Currency Act of 1965.
- Austrian Platinum Philharmonic come in both 1 troy ounce and 1/25 troy oz sizes. Produced in Vienna by the Austrian Mint (who have been producing coinage for the last 800 years) the Platinum Philharmonic is just as popular as the Silver and Gold Philharmonics. These embody Vienna's rich history and culture surrounded by music, namely the Vienna Philharmonic, which was founded in 1842.
- South African Platinum Krugerrand with only a mintage of 2,017 were only minted by Rand Refineries in 2017. These are more of a collector piece, generally in graded form by either PCGS (Professional Coin Grading Service) or the NGC (Numismatic Guaranty Corporation). These will become available periodically in our Numismatic Monthly Coin Club. The various grades range from PF-69 or PR-69. They are still a notable mention because of the popularity of the Gold Krugerrand and Silver Krugerrand coins of South Africa which is a favorite among the Precious Metals Investor community.
- Other Platinum Coins can also be found inside of Investor Crates Gold, Silver, Platinum and Combination Crates. These include but are not limited to, 1 oz Platinum Panda Coins from China, 1 oz Isle of Man Platinum Coins, 1 oz Platinum Elephant Coins authorized for production by the Republic of Somalia as well as 1 oz Platinum Coins from Switzerland and France.
THE PLATINUM CRATE BARS AND ROUNDS LINEUP
Platinum Bars and Rounds (Varies each month)
- Engelhard Industries Platinum Rounds and Bars have some history behind them. Engelhard Corporation is credited with the first production catalytic converter. Catalytic converters have around 3-7 grams of Platinum in them as well as Palladium and Rhodium. This is because Platinum is an oxidizer, which means it oxidizes carbon monoxide (CO) and hydrocarbons. Engelhard was purchased by a German Chemical Company and no longer produce Platinum Bullion as they once did. They produced 1 oz Rounds and Bars in both Gold, Silver and Platinum until the late 1980's.
- Valcambi Suisse Platinum Bars come in 1 oz and 50 gram denominations. Valcambi Suisse found a rather unique way to produce bars. Their 50 gram denomination of Platinum comes in their CombiBar format which individually divides each gram on the sheet of Platinum. This allows for someone to sell, trade or barter a portion of their Platinum Valcambi Suisse CombiBar without having to trade an entire ounce at a time. These are very popular when investing in Precious Metals. They also have 100 gram, 50 gram and 1 ounce Gold CombiBars and a 100 gram Silver CombiBar.
- PAMP Suisse Platinum Bars, similar to Valcambi Platinum, PAMP SA comes in a multitude of denominations. They also include the Platinum PAMP Suisse Multigram +25 which comes with 25 individually assayed 1 gram Platinum pieces in .9995 purity. Each piece is in a protective assayer card with the signature of the assay, weight, purity and even unique serial numbers. These are tamper proof and help fight the possibility of purchasing counterfeit bullion. They also have PAMP SA Platinum Bars in 1 gram, 5 gram, 10 gram, 20 gram, 1/2 ounce, 1 troy ounce, 5 troy oz and 10 troy ounce sizes.
- Credit Suisse Platinum Bars produced in Balerna, Switzerland as part of Credit Suisse, an International Banking and Services entity for the purpose of investing. They come in 1 gram, 2 gram, 5 gram, 1 ounce and 10 troy ounce Platinum denominations. Credit Suisse also stores client Precious Metals internationally.
- Johnson Matthey Platinum Bars is synonymous with 'investment portfolio' and although Johnson Matthey no longer produces Precious Metal Bullion products, they still work with Gold, Silver, Palladium, Platinum, Iridium, Osmium and Ruthenium across a wide variety of industries. Plenty of these bars are still floating around in 1 oz and 10 troy oz denominations. Their Silver Bar products are quickly becoming a cult classic among the Silver Stacker community as they are quickly becoming Vintage Silver.
- Other Platinum Bars and Rounds can also be found inside of Investor Crates Gold, Silver, Platinum and Combination Crates. Some other popular bars and rounds we send out are the 1 oz Argor-Heraeus Platinum Bar, and the Scotiabank Platinum bar.
Get The Platinum Crate >